Monday, June 14, 2010
Hackerspace Brisbane gets its first Mendel!
lots more pics here:
After a number of days of furious tweaking it prints!
* pulling the extruder apart at least 10 times
* a leak
* a hot-zone conection failure
* a missing bearing
* mis-aligned cogs
* PTFE failure ( saved by a hoseclamp)
* two thermistor problems
* inverted end-stops to normal
* stepper driver pinout weirdness and ground loop issues - 5 hours here!
* X & Y axis needing reduced stepper power
* E & Z needing increased stepper power
* cog on X stepper came off
* X stepper mounted 4mm too low
* X belt too loose, then too tight, then too loose!
* a couple of random nuts falling off from someplace
* smooth-rails on X were insufficiently tightened, see belt issue.
first printed object:
a bit of video of a bit of the first print:
* at 1:40 I show overhead view at 2:00 you see electronics on the back at 2:25 you see host software.
That said, we used a plintruder for our extruder, which was very easy to get going.
I'm surprised I've never heard of you. I'm at Ipswich, I'm in Brisbane 3 days a week.
You might like to drop me a line.
My public email address can be found here.
Links to this post: