Thursday, October 29, 2009
Another Child Darwin
I'm running a stepper extruder using an Arduino. My firmware is a modified version of the firmware found here: http://reprap.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/reprap/trunk/reprap/firmware/GCode_Interpreter/
Unfortunately, that firmware works with a Sanguino and a stepper extruder, but doesn't work with an Arduino in that configuration. I've made some changes to get it to work. I don't have my changes online anywhere, but let me know and I'll put it up.
Have 3 partial sets, but some parts delaminate, so can't make these very well yet. At least, I don't want to be responsible for someone's Darwin falling apart. Plus my setup isn't fully unattended yet/anymore, I do too many experiments with it. I really need a separate production and research machine.
I've got the 5D firmware running now on the new Darwin, but I have yet to get a reliable extruder running on it. Luckily, I can print out test designs on the old machine. Once I get two machines running, it'll be a bit like the old Robin Hood - Friar Tuck virus at Xerox - as soon as one machine goes down, the other one can print parts to repair/upgrade it. :)
Links to this post: