Thursday, August 30, 2007
The source of most problems I had were related to inaccuracies in the components (and probably also tools), so I figured that some upgrading was in place. First, I used a small XY table to enable more accurate positioning of holes, and second was moving to aluminum for the corner brackets.
The right shows the first new corner block - both very shiny, sturdier and more accurate then the hardwood blocks. Some M5 taps for the screws to hold the rods; design is the same as the original Darwin, except the blocks are 40x40 mm. It is a bit more effort, but I think it will pay off. And if not, it definitely looks cool ;-)
Links to this post: