Sunday, October 15, 2006
Locking down Tommelise...
First, I had to get the gantry mounting the x-axis properly vertical. I cross-braced and bolted the vertical members.
After that I discovered that the x-axis guideway was somewhat warped from one side of the working surface to the other. That will entail bolting the x-axis gantry to the fibreboard working surface. I'm glad now that I bought 3/4 inch fibreboard for the working surface. :-)
After I'd got the x-axis gantry done it was a short jog to getting both the x-axis gantry and the y-axis stage locked down on the base plate.
There is a little residual warping in the gantry, but nothing I can't shim out.
I didn't have the mounting blocks for the y-axis stage square before so I am going to have to realign the guide blocks for the rails. That should be no big deal.